Friday, September 25, 2009

One-third down...

It's official, I've passed the one-third mark (21.9 lbs) on my 65.8 lb weight loss journey. To date, I've lost 25.6 lbs. I'm floored by my own steady progress, but know that I've done the work. I've remained focused and determined to have success this time around and it's paying off.

As September comes to a close, my mind is already thinking about October's course of action. I'm going hard in October. My goal is to make October my biggest weight loss month. In August, I lost 6.8 lbs. So far this month, I'm down 4.6 lbs with 5 days left until month's end. My goal for October is to say goodbye to another 8-9 lbs. I've put it out there and plan to work my butt off to make it happen.

As for my mini goals. I've crossed another one off my list.

I'm only 6 lbs away from being the weight I was when I started college.
I now weigh .8 lbs less than I did the day I started college.

I'm only 9 lbs away from being the weight I was when I graduated from high school.
I am now 2.2 lbs away from being the weight I was the day I graduated from high school.

I'm on my way to uncharted territory, a place that I never thought I'd come close to ever again in life. In fact, I never wanted to come near this place again because of the deep embarrassment that was an open wound for a very long time. It seems so strange to type this, as I've never told anyone, and now, I'm putting it out into cyberspace.

Here goes...

When I started high school in 1994, I was 14, awkward and obviously overweight. On the very first day of my JROTC class (yes, I wanted to enlist in the army after high school) my class sergeant weighed each student in the class and announced our weight to the entire class. As the only overweight student in the class, I was mortified. I wanted to crawl under a bus and hide forever. I don't remember how I got past it, but I did. Somehow, I persevered.

Today at 29, I'm now 13.2 lbs away from being that weight again. However, the big difference this time is that I know it's only a temporary stop on much greater destination. It doesn't hold the same power over me as it once did. I'm ready to tackle it and move on.

Look out remaining 40.2 lbs. I'm in attack mode. I'm cleaning house and you don't stand a chance.

3 comments:

Jdid said...

you're focused! congrats on the milestones reached. keep aiming for your goals

Abeni said...

Way to go Meags. Rooting for you!

nahmix said...

thanks y'all