Thursday, July 17, 2008

It only takes a word

For anyone new to Sparkpeople.com, it' one of the most amazing sites I've joined. It's a free community for those in need of help, support and encouragement on the road to weight loss. Each week, Sparkpeople highlight's a members blog entry for it's inspirational quality and sends it to all members. Today's email touched me to tears.

Slump-be-Gone
So, I'm yet to be the runner I aspire to be BUT I'm a better runner than I've ever been.
I don't have a flat tummy BUT I've discovered my collar bones.
I don't always order the healthiest thing on the menu BUT I no longer make my choices blind.
I'm not going to be on the cover of a magazine BUT I'm starting to think that maybe I look good in certain clothes.
I don't always roll out of bed and throw on my sneakers BUT my sneakers are not collecting dust.
I haven't developed an ego BUT I am proud
! (From MCANIRLINH's Blog)

Her words, short and simple, speaks volumes to the kind of positive outlook I want to maintain as I continue forward. I think having a positive attitude is half the battle.

Thank you.

3 comments:

Jdid said...

glad to have you back on the blog scene sis

Abeni said...

True words

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you're blogging again, too. I will be checking in on the regular. You know I could on you, right? You're my only level-headed friend.