Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Down one-half and not looking back

Oh yes, I've made it to the one-half mark on my weight loss journey. I'm down 33 lbs! Only 33 lbs left to go. There really is no stopping me. I'm looking good and feeling GREAT!

I'm so on target to reach my 8-9 lbs loss for this month that all of the work I've been putting in seems effortless. October really will be my biggest weight loss month to date. I proclaimed it last month and I am claiming this month. So far, I've lost 6 lbs and still have well over a week to go before month's end.

Though I haven't been as diligent about sticking to my October Manifesto, I've definitely been careful about my diet. I've allowed myself to enjoy a few beers and a few meals out without over-indulging. And that, is a big part of what this journey has been about...learning to not over-indulge. I am so proud of myself!

One of my high school/college friends who's big into fitness has been instrumental (via email and web chat) in getting me to this next level. Her advice, support and overall encouragement got me over brief plateaus and frustrations. When we first reconnected, she told me that there would come a point when it would all be second nature to me; the exercise, the nutrition and just the general desire to be healthy. She was right. I think I've finally moved from "diet mode" to "healthy lifestyle" and now there's no turning back.

I've met and exceeded all, but one of my mini goals. I am now 6 lbs away from being the weight I was when I started high school. I may have been an overweight teen, but I am now on cruise control as I make my way to being a healthy adult.

2 comments: